Terms & Conditions
By registering for programs at Union Square Play, located at 36 East 18th Street, New York, NY 10003 (the “Facility”), I agree to follow all terms and conditions of the Facility.
Waiver and Release of Claims. In consideration for use of the Facility, I, on behalf of myself and my children, waive and release GRRLL, LLC ,dba Union Square Play, (“USP”) its agents, servants, employees, insurers, successors and assigns from all claims, demands, causes of action, damages or suits at law and equity of whatsoever kind, including but not limited to claims for personal injury, property damage, medical expenses, loss of services, on account of or in any way related to or growing out of my presence at the facility or use of the facility and/or equipment. I hereby acknowledge and agree that I understand and fully appreciate the risk of injury involved to one participating in USP activities. This waiver and release is intended to and does release USP from any and all liability for damages or injuries on account of or in any way related to or growing out of my negligence, the negligence of third parties and USP’s negligence, including but not limited to negligence in the construction, maintenance and upkeep of the facility and its equipment, negligence in training or negligence in supervision. This is not intended to release USP from any liability resulting from their intentional conduct. I covenant and agree not to institute any claims or legal action against USP for any claim released by this Agreement. I further agree that should any claim be made against USP in contravention of this Agreement, including but not limited to derivative claims, I will protect, defend and completely indemnify USP for any such claim and expenses including attorney’s fees and costs incurred by USP in defending itself hereunder.
Acknowledgements. I recognize the facility is not supervised, and I use the facility (including premises and equipment) entirely at my own risk. I understand that USP is not responsible for any lost or stolen valuables or property from within the facility. While at the Facility, I agree to conduct myself in a responsible manner and will refrain from engaging in inappropriate conduct, including the use of loud, foul, slanderous language or any intimidating or offensive conduct that would interfere with the peaceful use and enjoyment of the facility by other users. I acknowledge that I have received and read the Facility Rules below. I agree that I will fully comply with all rules and regulations and with any amendments.
Health and Safety. I register understanding the risks and benefits of physical activity and state that all family members participating are in condition to play. USP does not have medical staff available and cannot provide emergency or other medical treatment.
Affirmation. I have read the Terms and Conditions and affirm that by registering for programs at USP I consent to be bound by its terms, including the waiver/release of any legal right I may have against USP for any costs incurred due to a claim or legal action brought in violation of these Terms and Conditions. I acknowledge that violation of the Terms and Conditions or the Facility Rules below, as determined by USP, may result in my removal from the Facility.
USP has the right to update these Terms and Conditions or the Facility Rules at any time. Classes, operating hours, class times and staff are subject to change without notice.
1. Use. Users shall use the facilities and related equipment solely for safe, adult-supervised play. Users shall not misuse or use the facility and related equipment in any manner that will cause damage. Users shall not install, nor tamper with or remove, any equipment in the facility. No person may use the facility without registering. Guests are not authorized to use the facility, and users may not grant access to the facility, nor permit the facility to be used, by any unauthorized persons. USP reserves the right to restrict access to the Facility to anyone who does not abide by the Facility Rules.
2. Adult Supervision. All children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
3. Clothing. All children and their parents or guardians must wear socks in the facility. All shoes must be removed before entering into the space.
4. Conduct. Any conduct that unreasonably interferes with the use or enjoyment of the Facility is strictly prohibited. Any conduct that unreasonably interferes with normal, safe, orderly and efficient operation is strictly prohibited.
5. Smoking. Smoking of any kind, or consumption of tobacco products, is strictly prohibited.
6. Solicitations and Petitions. Solicitation for the sale of any product or service, or for charitable contributions, and petitions of any kind, are strictly prohibited.
7. Food and beverage. Food and beverages may not be brought into the Facility for consumption, except for bottled water or baby bottles.
8. Notices, Complaints or Suggestions. Users must immediately notify USP if they discover unsafe or hazardous defects or conditions relating to the facility or equipment. Complaints or suggestions regarding the operation, maintenance, services and equipment at the play space should be directed to USP management.
9. Maintenance. No user may leave litter, trash, debris or articles of clothing at the facility. The entry door must be kept closed at all times. Strollers must be parked in designated parking areas.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use 'cookies'?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
• By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days of our knowledge of the breach. We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
36 E 18th St
New York, New York 10003